Steward & Catering Franchise Opportunity
STEWARD & CATERING FRANCHISE
Pontardawe Golf Club is a friendly, private members club, situated in the Swansea Valley at Pontardawe, in South Wales. The Club was established in 1924 and has 500 members in various categories.
We are now inviting applications from experienced personnel to fulfil the roles of Steward & Catering Franchise.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the management of the day to day running of the Clubhouse bar facilities, in addition the catering at Pontardawe is a franchise arrangement and applicants should be conversant with all current food safety standards and regulations, in keeping with our current 4-star food rating. They will also be responsible for employing catering/service staff for the provision of all catering to the Club, and have a flexible approach to working hours. We offer a fully equipped kitchen, with a small restaurant overlooking the 18th green which has a dining capacity of 40+, a lounge with seating for 80+ also doubles as a function room.
The Club caters for a wide range of events, including members’ and private social functions, weddings, christenings, golf days, including visiting societies and charity events.
The successful applicant/s will have the ability to deliver an excellent food and beverage service for members and visitors within a Golf Club environment. This would include:
- Hot and Cold Sandwiches/Snacks
- Bar Meals
- Full bar services
- Hot beverages
- Team Match and Visiting Party Meals
- Club Social Function Dining / Themed Dining Evenings
- Member and Non Member Private Functions/Celebrations
- Member & Non Member Restaurant
The ideal candidate/s will have:
- A flexible approach to working hours
- A strong business acumen with the creativity to develop and grow the current business
- Excellent communication skills
- A proven record of Food Hygiene and Safety Standards at Level 5 (NFHRS)
- High personal and professional standards and attention to detail
- Responsibility for recruiting/employing all catering, bar and service staff, who must exhibit excellent customer service skills
In return we offer an attractive remuneration package which can also include a 3 - bedroom house.
Please apply in the first instance by email, including c.v. and current job description and any relevant references by 30th June 2017 to:
Martyn Darrell, Honorary Secretary, Pontardawe Golf Club