"Pontardawe Golf Club's official Facebook site has arrived"
Just a quick couple of lines to let you all know that our "facebook" site is up and running and can be accessed by clicking on the "facebook" icon at the top right hand corner of this Pontardawe Golf Club webpage. It is now fully automated, so any articles written on the website are automatically dragged down onto the facebook site.
It's a slow time consuming process getting everything up and running, but I think you'll agree, we are getting there. Our next step will be getting the Pontardawe "twitter" account up and running in the same sort of manor. Work on that has already begun on twitter, but there is still more to do. The existing twitter site is an old site that will be replaced by a brand new twitter site in the very near future
We will ban anybody that miss uses the site, but hopefully there will be no need for that to happen if they just use a little bit of "common sense".
- Posts using vulgar language and swearing will not be tolerated.
- Posts containing people's sexual orientation, race, religion, nationality, disability or medical condition along with hate speech are all forbidden on facebook or twitter.
- Post containing threats, bullying and harassment are also against the law, not just facebook or twitter's rules.
- Posting disrespectful content about a facebook or twitter friend or Pontardawe Golf Club is considered bad form
- Be careful not to post information that a friend or acquaintance could later use against you.
- Consider how a post would look to a friend's employer or potential employer before putting it on his or her wall.
- Posts you might find acceptable around your friends, for example, might not be appropriate for juniors.
- It's important to consider the negative impact a post could have on a friend before making that post.
And last but not least, for me the most important rule.
- Users should apply a "common sense" rule in their interactions with facebook and twitter friends.
For those of you who do not have facebook accounts you will not be able to access all of the photo albums we have uploaded etc. For example there are loads of photo's of the Tony Jacklin speakers evening which you can access if you have a facebook account.
If you don't have a facebook account you need to set one up as you may will only be able to preview some of the uploaded photos.
It's really easy to set up and only takes just a couple of minutes and you will then be able to access all of the postings and photographs, as well as post your own comments.
We look forward to seeing you on our Facebook and Twitter social network sites, interacting with Pontardawe Golf Club